ECCI Business Excellence Awards Gala Awards Evening 2018
This Event showcases the achievements and celebrates the successes of local and regionally based businesses in Esperance and the South East Coastal Region.
Please get in touch, nominations are closing soon!
Meet this Years Finalists
Congratulations to Rhys Bald who is a finalist for the ECCI Business Excellence Awards for Apprentice of the Year and a fantastic example of young people doing great work in our region.
ECCI Business Excellence Awards Gala Awards Evening - Meet the Winners
The Esperance Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ECCI) congratulates all finalists and the winners of the 2017 ECCI Business Excellence Awards, which was held on Saturday 26 August 2017.
The Gala Awards Evening provided an excellent opportunity for local businesses to showcase their achievements and successes and for the wider community to congratulate and acknowledge the great work that so many Esperance Businesses are doing.
‘Even in the face of challenging economic times our local businesses continue to do amazing things’
The ECCI would like to congratulate all Finalists and the Winners of this year’s Awards. The calibre of entries was exceptional and the hardest part by far of the Awards process is having to choose just one winner from each Category. A stringent marking criterion is used by the judges to ensure the judging process is carried out fairly and this year there has been the slightest of margins between many of the Finalists.
Esperance Smash Repairs were big winners on the night, taking out the Small Business Development Corporation Best Medium Business Award and also the Cliffs Natural Resources Business of the Year Award for 2017. Peter Campbell, from Esperance Smash Repairs was also recognised for his 40 years with the business and received the 2017 Lifelong Employee Award.
Esperance Smash Repairs blew the judges away with their achievements including their employment of apprentices, their continual reviews and improvements of their business practices and processes, their focus on and understanding of their customers, and their ability to adapt their products and services to meet the needs of their customers.
Esperance Smash Repairs, along with the Winners of other eligible categories will be able to nominate for the WA Regional Business Awards and be recognised for their achievements at a State-Wide level.
The Winners for all Categories in the ECCI Business Excellence Awards include:
- Mineral Resources Best New Business: South East Agronomy Research
- Telstra Store Esperance Best Micro Business: Precept Financial Services
- Regional Development Australia Goldfields Esperance Best Home Based Business: JV Media
- Small Business Development Corporation Best Small Business: Bluemar Pty Ltd
- Small Business Development Corporation Best Medium Business: Esperance Smash Repairs
- Australia’s Golden Outback Best Tourism Business: Jaimen Hudson – Drone Services Esperance & Australia
- IGO Customer Service Award: Kandi Robb (Connect Hearing)
- Cliffs Natural Resources Business Excellence Award: Esperance Camping & Workwear
- Horizon Power Best Community Service Organisation Award: Festival of the Wind
- Apprenticeship Support Australia Apprentice of the Year Award: Rhys Bald (Farmers Centre)
- Apprenticeship Support Australia Trainee of the Year Award: Shara-Lea Kiripatea (Bay of Isles Leisure Centre)
- Southern Ports Port of Esperance Lifelong Employee Award: Peter Campbell (Esperance Smash Repairs)
- Cliffs Natural Resources Business of the Year: Esperance Smash Repairs
Thank You to our Business Excellence Awards 2017 Sponsors and Congratulations to our 2017 Winners
For the list of 2016 winners, please click here.
For the list of 2015 winners, please click here.
For the list of 2014 winners, please click here.
For the list of 2013 winners, please click here.