Update from Esperance Power Station on the Future of Energy in Esperance
You may have noticed this article in the Esperance Express about Esperance's energy future.
In summary, there is support for an increase in renewable generation within the Esperance region and it is believed that there is an opportunity to immediately increase the amount of both wind and solar generation, while maintaining reliability of supply through the Esperance Power Station natural gas power plant.
The funding and expertise is available to immediately develop new renewable generation in the region as it transitions to a low emissions future. By investing now, more renewable, affordable and reliable energy can be delivered to the community. This would create more local jobs and give certainty to Esperance Power Station customers and the community.
Please see the link below for a background note on the future of energy for Esperance. Please feel welcome to share and / or tag - Thank You
NBN Co release Wholesale Business Bundles
Executing on a commitment announced in December 2018, NBN Co launched new wholesale discount bundles over the fixed line nbn™ access network, on the 2nd April.
These are designed to help improve customer experience and better meet the demands of Australian businesses. Under nbn™ - built for business, these bundles combine access to high speeds, committed bandwidth and premium service levels in a discounted charge in a move designed to deliver significant savings for retail providers.
The wholesale discount bundles will include:
• Wholesale speeds of 50/20Mbps* optimised for smaller businesses;
• Wholesale speeds of 100/40Mbps* with support for multiple phone lines for medium-sized businesses;
• Wholesale symmetrical committed speeds of 20/20Mbps and a 100/40Mbps peak information rate**; and
• Wholesale symmetrical committed speeds of 50/50Mbps and a 250/100Mbps peak information rate for data-intensive and multi-site organisations**.
1. Media Statement here
2. Business Bundles Infographic (below)
3. Visit December 2018 announcement (link below)
4. Visit nbn™ for your business (link below)
Over the Horizon
The 11th Annual Esperance ‘Over the Horizon’ Business and Industry Forum was held on Friday 5 April 2019.
A stellar line up of Ministerial Representatives, Presenters and Guest Speakers provided updates on infrastructure, agriculture and economic developments and plans for Esperance and the Goldfields Region. Forum attendees also provided positive feedback about the networking opportunities and connections that this event provided them with. The ECCI would like to thank everyone involved in helping to organise and host this event.